1. At Photokina 2018, Fujifilm announced several important cameras including the GFX50S and the development of the GFX100S.
2. Fujifilm will not enter the full-frame market, because it will infringe on the interests of their existing APS-C and medium format systems.
3. Today, not many photographers are moving from the X line (APS-C format) to the medium format GFX line, because these are completely different systems. But Fujifilm hopes that the number of such users will increase over time.
4.After the announcement of Fujifilm GFX50S, there were many requests from users to create a camera in the style of a rangefinder; therefore, the GFX50R was developed.
5.Fujifilm GFX50R is ideal for street photography, reporting and portraits.
6. Fujifilm GFX100S is more like a SLR camera, with a removable viewfinder, like the GFX50S. But the new camera will have an extra battery grip for more battery power, since the image stabilization system in the GFX100S will require more power.
7. GF lenses were designed to work with a 100-megapixel sensor. They were originally thought of as such, even before such a matrix appeared.
8. It was very difficult to create an integrated stabilization system (IBIS) for a 100-megapixel sensor. In the development, the company relied on experience with the Fujifilm X-H1.
9. The electronic viewfinder of the GFX100S will be much better than the GFX50S, because the read speed of the new matrix is very high, and the new X Processor 4 processor is very powerful.
10. Fujifilm puts a lot of effort into developing video capabilities. The company hopes to attract videographers and operators to the GFX system with the first medium format camera, which can shoot in 4K / 30p format. But Fuji will not stop there. The plans include increasing the length of videos, improving the menu for taking photos and videos, 4K / 60p and so on.
11. With regard to film lenses for GFX, this is technically possible, but is not a priority at the moment.
12. Although the medium format is not very common among videographers, after the announcement of the GFX100S, the company received many questions from them. The large format is becoming a trend, and filmmakers are creative people
who are always looking for something more.
13.At the moment, using SD cards and an HDMI output is enough for the GFX100S to work, although 100-megapixel photos and video in 4K / 30p is a very large amount of data.
14. Fujifilm does not yet open the specifications of its mounts to third-party manufacturers, but may do so in the future.
15. In the future there will be a number of compact lenses for the GFX line.
Fujifilm 50mm GF
16. When designing his cameras, Fujifilm studies the entire photo market, including smartphones, because he does not want her entry-level cameras to lose the competition to phones.
17. Smartphones are potentially the most dangerous competitor for Fujifilm, and not other companies - manufacturers of photographic equipment.
18. The company can start developing a new camera for users who are used to shooting on a smartphone (probably something in the style of Zeiss ZX1).
19. Perhaps in the future the company will begin to produce Instax instant cameras with interchangeable lenses.